So today marks the first full year i've lived in NYC.... it's been interesting (how could it not)
but here are some of the highlights (not necessarily in order)
- moving into a room that had 2 outlets... on the same wall, one about waist height, the other 2ft below it.
- having Melo install a socket on the other side of the room... thanks bro!
- attending the inauguration in DC with my brother... and yeah, a few other folks.
- having a landlord who looked just like Christopher Walken (and imitated his voice as well)
- realizing rule #1 in NYC: it cost $100 whenever you walk out your front door
- buying a electric mattress pad (and an air-conditioner)
- discovering the benefits of Zipcar
- Watching JD BBQ solo in the backyard at 10:30 at night when it was 35 degress outside.
- walking thru "shanty-town" during Kate's visit in which half a dozen dudes threw themselves at her...
- Meeting Katherine, and taking risks.
- having my wallet stolen with all my CC's and ID.
- trying to recover my CC's and ID
- My (dear dear friend) Justin, going to my storage unit in SF & getting them to saw off the lock
so he could find my (buried) passport and FedEx it to me, thereby restoring my identity.
- Having Liza Minnelli make a pass at me, then seeing her flash her boobs at the end of the shoot.
- Melo & Suneil visiting me for NYE (I dont know if you two know how much that meant)
- Watching Suneil smuggle a bottle of Grey Goose out of a club on NYE only to drop it when we got out of the cab.
- Listening to Anna GS chat about pretty much anything.
- Pauly G's quips, tag lines, and snide remarks..... do battle!
- Seeing my old friend Holly and her crew for Halloween.
- dinner at Chau & Brian's
- listening to Giselle Bundchen babble on about how massages make your skin break out.
- seeing real-live wise-guys (as well as virtually every other American stereotype)
- learning to never rely on the g-train.... or any train for that matter.
- learning that it is indeed possible to completely skip the season of Spring.
- The Bolt Bus to Maine to hang with Kate and the fam, being jumped into the Tarr/Cahill family like it was a gang initiation, then having drinks with Welsh while (another) drunk dude tried to pick up Kate.
- moving to 5th and Bedford, inches from the L train.
- starting my own business: www.rgbfastfashion.com